- Got any Problems?
- Phone +254 706 123226
Water Mist Fire Systems
A water mist system is a fire protection system which uses very fine water sprays (i.e. water mist). The small water droplets allow the water mist to control, suppress and extinguish fires more efficiently by:
- Cooling both the flame and surrounding gases by evaporation
- Displacing oxygen by evaporation
- Attenuating radiant heat by the small droplets themselves
The mobile OERTZEN High-Pressure Fire Extinguisher HDL 250, very popular in this market.
The effectiveness of a water mist system in fire suppression depends on its spray characteristics, which include the droplet size distribution, flux density and spray dynamics, with respect to the fire scenario, such as the shielding of the fuel, fire size and ventilation conditions.
The use of water mist fire suppression, when compared to the use of gaseous agents and traditional sprinkler systems, has revealed advantages such as:
- Immediate activation
- High efficiency in the suppression of a wide variety of fires
- Minimized water damage
- Environmentally sound characteristics
- No toxic problems
Nimbusfire Africa is renowned for pioneering high pressure water mist fire protection technology in East Africa for use in passenger ferries. Today, HI-FOG® protects people, property and business continuity in a wide range of applications both on land and at sea.
OERTZEN High-Pressure Fire Extinguisher HDL 250 installed on a Rapid Intervention Vehicle
Why High Pressure Water Mist?
Nimbusfire Africa’s rigorous testing procedures, combined with the company’s unrivalled experience, have shown that high pressure water mist consistently delivers:
- Better penetration into the seat of the fire
- Superior coverage of the protected volume
- An improved cooling effect from better mixing of gases and high evaporation rate
- Lower overall system weight
- Less water consumption